Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Renewed Relationships

"Prayer is a relationship; half the job is mine. If I want transformation, but can't even be bothered to articulate what, exactly, I'm aiming for, how will it ever occur? Half the benefit of prayer is in the asking itself, in the offering of a clearly posed and well-considered intention. If you don't have this, all your pleas and desires are boneless, floppy, inert; they swirl at your feet in a cold fog and never lift."
— Elizabeth Gilbert

Yep, its been a while. What can I say? I am the Queen of Procrastination and the DIVA of Delay. A LOT has happened since my last post (this is becoming a pattern), but as always I am extremely grateful for every lesson, tear and joy that God has allowed and continues to allow me to experience. I am in yet another transitioning period in my life, one that tackles both my personal and professional self. I am excited, anxious and slightly nervous of what lies ahead. Nonetheless, I am CERTAIN there is an abundance of blessings on the way. Why? Because God said so!!


For the fourth time in 5 months, I am reading Elizabeth Gilbert's 'Eat, Pray, Love.' Yes it is that good!! This book is soooo amazing, and has helped me understand and realize a lot of things about myself. Of course I became super ecstatic upon discovering that it has been turned into a movie starring none other than Miss Julia Roberts!! (Love her!) Thus prompting me to pick up the book for the 4th time to refresh myself before the August 13th premiere. If you have never read this great story, I urge you with every fiber of my being to do so. Never have I read a book that had me laughing out loud (literally!), agreeing, praying, crying and talking back page after page.

Although I have never been married, divorced, tempted by the annoying itch of parenthood, traveled around the world nor wrote a book, I see myself completely in Elizabeth Gilbert, and appreciates her honesty to herself as well as to others.

The above quote is only one of many throughout the book that just jumps out at you. One of the greatest blessings of this read is that, while I had been dying to read it for years, I finally began reading 'Eat, Pray, Love' at the exact time that I began fiending for a more close and in depth relationship with God. Little did I know that this would open my eyes to so much more, and help me dive into my journey.

There are many underlying messages with in this read, and I hope that you take some time to read and enjoy the reflection of a woman's journey to understand and know herself.


Not only have I been on a focused journey to renew my relationship with God, I have been renewing my relationship with myself. Who have I become, and how does this person really compare to the individual I am and will become? I have learned to open my eyes, ears and heart more. By doing so, I have come to see the beauty in things around me, including my trials. Is there still work to be done? Absolutely, no doubt. But I am blessed to be able to see and understand things as I am now, as the age of 28.

These past few months have forced me to take a step back, stop and correct myself. There is soooo much more in store for me, and I refuse to miss out on it all simply because I didn't take the time to check myself.


Is there any checking that you need to do?



'Eat, Pray, Love' The Trailer (in theaters August 13th!)

No comments:

Dear WNBA, If I May....

Yep, it's long, but bare with me.... Honestly, this has been a post two years in the making. Really, Jessica?? Two years?? Yes, because,...